Tile is one of the most durable and reliable roofing materials out there. Not only do tile roofs look great on residential buildings, but they can last for up to 100 years if they’re well taken care of. That said, tile roofs can get damaged by weather and nature, and a full tile roof restoration can get pricey if damage goes untreated. Here’s everything you need to know about tile roof repair in Edmond, OK, including signs of roof tile damage to look out for, how to avoid tile roof leaks, and who to call when you need the help of an expert roofing contractor.
How to Know When Your Tile Roof is in Need of Repair
It’s not always easy to tell when your tile roof needs fixing. Here are a few telltale signs to look out for, so you know when you need to call a tile roof repair specialist in Edmond, OK.
1. Broken and cracked roof tiles You should check your tile roof regularly for signs of cracks. Falling branches, hailstorms, or even just the right combination of cold weather and debris can cause a crack in your roof tiles, which can let moisture in and damage your roof. Cracked roof tile repair cost is always worth it, compared to extensive moisture damage.
2. Damage to roof underlayment Underlayment, beneath the tiles, protects your roof from moisture and debris. If the underlay is damaged, you might see leaking roof tiles – call for a tile roof repair specialist in Edmond right away.
3. Damage to rake boards The rake boards cover the top edges where the siding meets your tile roof. If the rake edges are cracked, broken, or sliding off, it could mean serious damage to the roof structure.
4. Cracks in valley The valley of your roof is the lowest point, where two slopes meet, and generally doesn’t contain pitch. Even minor cracks in the roof valley can result in moisture seeping in – you’ll want to call a contractor for a tile roof leak repair as soon as possible. Keeping your roof clear of debris is a great way to prevent cracks in vulnerable points.
5. Missing tiles Missing tiles is a sure sign that your roof needs attention. Tiles can fall off after serious weather, or if they’ve just gotten too old and worn-down. Don’t hesitate to call a contractor if you’ve spotted any missing tiles on your roof, especially with winter weather approaching – that gap will definitely let in moisture and become a much bigger problem in the future. A single roof tile replacement can save you from the headache of more serious repairs in the future.
How to Approach Tile Roof Repair in Edmond
It is possible to fix broken roof tile yourself, if you have all the right materials, safety equipment and know-how. But one of the biggest issues with fixing roof tiles from home is the risk of doing further damage – you might end up cracking or breaking another tile while you’re on the roof. With that in mind, here are some steps every homeowner can take to keep their tile roof in good shape, and avoid frantically searching for “tile roofers near me” when you need an urgent roof replacement.
1. Trim the trees around your roof We already mentioned that falling branches can crack your roof tiles, but there is another danger to close trees: moss. Moss or algae spores can spread from a tree branch to your roof, and eat away the tiles over time. One of the most common types of clay tile roof repair is replacing tiles that have been damaged by moss – keep your trees trimmed to keep moss away.
2. Keep it clean Regularly cleaning debris like leaves and twigs off your roof will prevent the spread of moss spores, discourage pests from nesting there, and prevent your tiles from getting too bogged down from moisture.
3. Inspect your roof regularly Have a pair of binoculars at home? Grab them and give your roof tiles a thorough inspection from the ground once a month or so. Even the tiniest crack can lead to extensive damage later on, so call an expert from Edmond, OK Tile Roof Repair as soon as you see any signs of damage.
4. Get to know your local tile roofers You should never be afraid to call in the experts. Whether it’s Spanish tile roof repair or concrete tile roof repair, a reliable company like Edmond Tile Roof Repair will know how to keep your tile roof strong and stable for decades.
How much does tile roof repair in Edmond cost?
We can’t give a general estimate for tile roof repair, because there are so many different types of tile materials, and because the roof repair cost of fixing a tiny crack is nothing like the cost of a complete tile roof restoration. However, you can always call Edmond Tile Roof Repair for a free quote on whatever job you need done.
What’s the best tile roof repairs company near me?
If you’re looking for high quality, affordable tile roof repairs in Edmond, OK look no further. Edmond Tile Roof Repair provides great tile roof maintenance, repair and replacement at a highly competitive cost.