Every roof wears down over time. Exposure to the sun, wind, rain and snow – not to mention other forces of nature like falling branches and pesky critters – will eventually damage your roof. So how can you avoid costly repairs and replacements? Just keep up with regular maintenance and minor repairs when you need them, and you won’t need to stress! Regular roof maintenance will also ensure that your roof is securely waterproof, preventing moisture damage to the internal roof structure. Best of all, great roof maintenance services don’t need to come at a high roof maintenance cost. Your Edmond Roof Maintenance professionals are dedicated to providing high-quality service at an affordable price.
Taking care of roof problems before they start No matter what type of roof you have, it’s important to take steps to maintain it and stop serious damage before it starts. That said, different kinds of roofs require different kinds of care. Here’s what expert roof maintenance in Edmond, OK should look like for every roof type.
Shingle roof maintenance Shingle roofs are popular, a classic look for residential homes, and great for weatherproofing. But they do come with a unique set of challenges – weather damage and mold growth can cause shingles to wear down or break, leaving your internal roof structure vulnerable. To prevent that, make sure you regularly clean your shingle roof and clear off the debris so no moisture gets trapped against the shingles. A regular roof inspection is necessary to spot any cracked or missing shingles – call a reliable roof repair company in Edmond, OK to repair or replace damaged shingles.
Flat roof maintenance If your home has a flat roof, the most important thing you can do is to keep it clean. Whether you have a metal roof or an asphalt roof, trapped debris can lead to serious damage, roof leaks and roof sagging. Heavy objects like branches can also cause a flat roof to sag over time. Flat roof maintenance and repair services are crucial to keeping your roof secure. Iron sheet roof maintenance Iron sheet roofs are among the easiest to maintain. Like with any other roof, you should always make sure that it’s clean and free of debris. You should also keep an eye out for signs of corrosion, and have a roof maintenance expert from Edmond Roof Maintenance regularly coat and weather-proof your iron sheet roof to keep rust away.
Edmond Roof Maintenance 101
Want to prevent damage to your roof before it starts? Here are a few tips for roof and gutter maintenance in your home, to keep your roof and wallet happy.
1. Regularly trim the trees around your home. Make sure there are no branches hanging over your roof – not only can low-hanging branches fall and cause damage, but they can also pass algae spores and burrowing pests onto your roof.
2. Keep your attic (or the top floor of your home) ventilated. Good ventilation will keep moisture from accumulating and prevent nasty, moldy growth in your roof.
3. Keep it clean! You should regularly clean the leaves and debris off your roof. The clutter can get bogged down from rain or snow, resulting in a heavy, wet burden that can lead to plenty of problems. Make sure you’re cleaning your gutters regularly, too, using a hose to get everything out.
4. Regularly inspect your roof for signs of damage. Use a pair of binoculars (if you have them) and look for cracks or sagging points often. If you catch any damage, you’ll want to call in an Edmond, OK Roof Maintenance professional right away!
5. Have a roof maintenance expert weatherproof your roof regularly. Keeping moisture out is the best way to prevent serious structural damage and leaks. Last but not least, even if you follow all those steps, you’ll still want to have a professional contractor on hand to tackle the bigger jobs. A proof of workmanship guarantee, provided by your contractor, is a great way to ensure that you’ll be able to have any roof problems fixed at no extra cost!
When do I need a roof maintenance expert?
Don’t wait for a serious problem to occur before you call for help. Roof maintenance professionals like Edmond Roof Maintenance will take care of any problem, huge or minor, before it gets any worse. We recommend having an expert work on your roof at least once a year.
How much do roof maintenance services cost?
The cost of roof maintenance can totally vary, depending on how much work is needed. It could be anywhere from 50 to 250 dollars per visit. You should always know how much a service will cost beforehand – call Edmond Roof Maintenance today for a free quote on our reliable roofing services.
How can I find the best roof and gutter maintenance company near me?
If you’re in need of roof or gutter maintenance services in Edmond, OK - you’re in luck. We provide the best quality roof services, whether it’s emergency roof damage or general maintenance and repair. Our competitive prices, integrity and high standard of customer service can’t be matched by any other company in Edmond, OK.